Thursday, November, 12th, 2020 Young Investigators
This award is designed to provide support for:
1. Programs that educate, screen and/or treat underserved populations to reduce the global burden of heart valve disease and;
2. Other programs that advance health care and address underserved populations. This can include education and awareness campaigns, research, and/or direct care for underserved populations.
Projects that address the following will be sought:
1. Proposed screening strategies and translation to surgical interventions in underserved regions/populations.
2. Focus on heart valve disease recognition and treatment in undeserved regions/populations.
3. Specific statistics on the quantity of patients who will be screened.
4. Specific statistics on the nature and quantity of heart valve issues that will be detected.